Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 24 in the WIM

Bonjour a tous,

It has been another crazy week here in Guadeloupe! A lot of stuff has happened. We set a baptismal date with Fedler's friend, Matiel, so now we have 4 baptisms planned for the 14!
We had a cool experience yesterday as we were walking to church. We were walking along and noticed our friend, Louisette, sitting in her car across the street. She was just sitting there reading a book. We invited her to come to church with us and she said yes and gave us a ride to the chapel. She liked it and said she wants to come back next week. That was definitely a miracle. Our friend, Jovani, showed up to church too.

In other news, my bike got stolen this week, right out of my hands. Every Saturday we play basketball as a branch. To get into the sports park you have to go through a turnstyle gate. We have done it before but this time it was harder. I was trying to get my bike through and a guy standing there offered to help me, but instead of helping he took off with my bike. I tried running after him but he was too fast. It has been a crazy week! We'll see if it turns up in the next week.

We had the opportunity to clean the church this week; We washed chairs all morning. It was fun and we talked to some returned missionaries who live in the other branch. It was cool to hear about their time serving in Canada and how they are helping the church in Guadeloupe now. It helped me see that missionary service has an effect way beyond 18 months or 2 years.
I am grateful to be here and to be serving with Sister Dorsan for another transfer! Though things get crazy at times, I know that our Heavenly Father is always watching out for us. He loves us and we are here to help others realize His love for them. Remember He loves you more than you can comprehend. Have a great week and remember that I love you too!

gros bisou,

Sœur Banks


A little girl in the branch was so excited that we had the same shoes, so I took a picture

The view out of our bedroom window this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment