Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 43 - The Start of Barbade (Barbados)

Bonjour a tous et a toute,

The West Indies Mission is no more and we are now officially the Barbados Bridgetown Mission! We are excited to meet President and Sister Herrington this Friday! I have only heard great things about them. I was excited to hear about the changes in the Manila 9th Ward too.

We had a cool experience with our investigator Brenden. We talked to him about the temple briefly a while back, and yesterday he told us he had been thinking alot about it and really wants to go. He has a friend who lives in the same neighborhood as the temple in Santo Domingo and he is already making plans to go next spring. We were so excited! He said he could tell by the way we talked about it that is was an important special place. He also expressed his desire to be baptized; It is true he has some trials to overcome before, but he has the right vision and desires. We are so excited! 

The temple is so important. We have been talking lately about teaching with the end in mind, because baptism is only the gate by which we enter. Since coming on my mission the temple is one of the things I miss the most. I know that the covenants we make with God are the most important things we can do in this life to show our faith in Christ and be ready to meet God. In the eternities these are the things that will matter.

As I restarted the Book of Mormon this week I came across a scripture that I love: 1 Nephi 11:22-23. The love of God is the most desirable of all things and it it is the most joyous to the soul. We have felt this this week as we have taught our investigators, and especially seeing Brenden's desire to follow Christ. It is the greatest joy, there is nothing better than seeing someone come unto Christ. I love the Lord and his work.

I hope you all have a great week. Keep living the gospel joyfully!

Gros bisous,

Soeur Banks

No comments:

Post a Comment