Monday, June 29, 2015

Week 42 - the last moments of the WIM

Bonjour a tous,

July is sneaking up on us and the end of the West Indies Mission. The Mehrs are officially released on the first of July. I don't know when their homecoming is,sorry.

Things have already changed a little this transfer; Right now there are only four missionaries on Grand Terre! It will probably only be for this transfer, until more missionaries come in next transfer; our zone has been combined with the Basse Terre zone.  Time really does fly by, I have been in Abymes for almost six months! I don't want to leave but I have a feeling I might get transfered this next transfer. On verra, we will see.

This week has been a busy one. We had a big miracle teaching Loic and Casia for the first time. At the beginning of my time with Soeur Eyre a really cool family gave us a ride home one day. They said they usually don't stop for anyone, but they did for us; They were talking about how they feel something is missing in their lives; We set up an appointment with them, but it ended up falling through and we could never get a hold of them. This past Sunday we were by a member's house when we ran into them again! We set up an appointment and it was an amazing lesson; They live out in the far reaches of our area, it was quite the bike ride, and it was worth it! Teaching families brings so much joy! The gospel blesses families!

I feel that we have been surrounded by some of  the kindest people this week. I feel truly blessed to be here. I love the Caribbean and the people and this branch. It will be a sad day when I have to leave the people of Abymes; I hope it is not for a long time. I love you all and I love the Lord more. Have a great week!

Much love,

Soeur Banks

No comments:

Post a Comment