Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 32

Bonjour a tous et a tout,

Do you know what is crazy?! I hit the halfway mark of my mission this week! Time flies and I don't really like that it is going so fast! It has been a great week here in Abymes. We have been working hard and I think we biked the Tour de France twice this week! We have biked alot and seen a lot of great things.

We were biking out to Perrin this week which is one of the farther places in our area. We had some time before our appointment so we decided to find the house of a member who lives out there. We knew the name of the road so we started biking around looking for it. After a few minutes we found it and a few minutes after that we found her sister-in-law's house, who then guided us to the member's house. We stopped by and she let us in. We started talking to her about the branch mission plan and she told us she had been thinking about it and she gave us a list of 8 people she wants us to teach! It was truly a miracle! We showed up at her door out of the blue and she was prepared for us. We are excited to teach her family and friends this week.

We also had the oppourtunity to find some less active members this week; our district president was working with us and introduced us to a less active who then showed us another less active and his family (who are not baptized yet)! There are so many exciting things going on in Abymes! We have had some amazing spirit-filled lessons this week and we have 6 investigators who are preparing for baptism.

Today for P-day we went on a hike with all the missionaries on Guadeloupe and the Assistants to the President who are here for a few days. We hiked to a waterfall on Basse Terre. It was beautiful and a very muddy hike, it was fun.

There are so many things I want to tell you, but I can't fit them all in this email. This week I have felt so grateful to be a missionary and so grateful for the Lord. This work is truly amazing and I am so glad to be a small part of it. This gospel holds so many blessing for those who are willing to follow the example of Christ. I love this work and I love these people. We are looking forward to another great week. I love you and have a great week!

Bisous,

Sœur Banks

Soeur Eyre and I at waterfall

No comments:

Post a Comment